Exciting plans for 2023!
This coming year we are planning to:
– bring PBI accompanied defenders from Guatemala, Colombia and Honduras to Toronto to participate in activities that challenge the PDAC convention and the mining corporations that impact local communities in Latin America and around the world
– bring social leaders criminalized by the Canadian oil company Frontera Energy to Toronto at the time of the company’s annual shareholders meeting
– host a series of webinars on topics including on how court injunctions bring police violence to communities asserting their rights, the struggle against the PIM pipeline megaproject in Mexico, and the fight against water privatization in Honduras
– launch a campaign that calls for the RCMP’s C-IRG resource extraction protection unit now patrolling Wet’suwet’en territory in northern British Columbia to be abolished
– begin a process of conversations and consultations to see if we might be able to build the capacity to provide some form of physical accompaniment to Indigenous land defenders in this country as our colleagues to in Latin America.
If you are able to support this work with a donation, large or small, one-time or on a monthly-basis, please click here.
Thank you and happy holidays.