PBI-Honduras seeks field volunteers! Deadline to apply is April 15!
The Peace Brigades International-Honduras Project has posted that it is looking for field volunteers to join their team in Honduras.
In 2018, eight international volunteers accompanied members of six organizations and one individual human rights defender working on business and human rights, land rights, indigenous rights, freedom of expression, support to victims, women’s rights and LGBTI rights. Volunteers are based in Tegucigalpa.
PBI-Honduras notes, “To begin the formation and selection process you must comply with the requirements, complete the general application and request that two references (from the NGO sector, academic field, work experience, or acquaintances in your life), complete the reference form and send the document to email@example.com before April 15th, 2020.”
Among the key requirements:
– Fluent Spanish: spoken, written and reading
– Commitment to at least 12 months of field work
– Commitment to work following the principles of nonviolence, non interference and non partisanship.
– Availability to work in a horizontal structure where decisions are made through consensus.
– Experience working and living in groups especially in stressful situations.
PBI-Honduras also notes, “We cover the following costs: round trio ticket to Honduras, accommodation and medical insurance. Economic support of approximately $220 USD per month for personal costs and repatriation once you have finished your contract.”
The next training week will be held in Valladolid, Spain in September 2020.
All of the information you need to apply can be found on the PBI-Honduras website here.